Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Madelyn's 1st Grade Awards

I'm sure you all are wondering, yet again, where I have been. All I can say is that I've just been busy. I know - no excuse. But I just simply let time slip away. I'm really going to try to stay more on top of this. I start to feel like too much time has gone by and I have so much to say, so I wait until I have time to sit down and really write a lot, but that time never comes! So instead, I'm going to really try to write more often - even if they are small posts.

Today was a neat day. Madelyn had her 1st grade award ceremony this morning. She was so excited in anticipation. The last day of school is tomorrow and she is itching to get her summer vacation started. This morning I woke up really (REALLY) early so that I could be at her school in time for the ceremony. It was a long drive, but let me tell you when I saw the look on her face and how excited she was, it was totally worth it. They gave awards for perfect attendance, all A's for the year, and Honor Roll A's and B's. Not every child received an award, but I am so proud to say that our girl did! She got an award for Honor Roll - all A's and B's. I couldn't be more proud of her! Jennifer took pictures and will send them to me - I'll post her beaming face as soon as I get them.

It just breaks my heart to be so far away from her. As Trey and I were trying to work out the details to be there (and it killed him to not be there), it just made me so sad that we can't be more involved and be there for every thing she does. She is so lucky to have such a loving, committed family on ALL sides, and I know that she feels supported and loved, but it's still hard to not be RIGHT there.


Here we go... just look at that smile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are all so proud of her and even more of you and Trey. You both are amazing parents and I ought to know. After all, look at the job I did. She is one lucky girl all the way around.