Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I survived my 2nd Cycling Class

As hard as I tried to be working late...  we got home from work in time for me to make it to my 2nd cycling class.  I'm not going to lie - a very big part of me did NOT want to go.  But I've committed to doing it at least 4 times before I decide if I like it or not and want to continue.  I will tell you, I do not like it.  But I do feel like it's a great workout.  And it was much easier this time.  I took Alex's advice and focused on pulling my legs in instead of pushing out.  This might sound silly, but it really helped.  Last time, especially when we were up out of the saddle, I found that I was struggling to keep my knees from locking.  But this time I focused on pulling in and it was much easier to control the motion.  So all in all, I really enjoyed it - even though it was hard, and I felt like I pushed myself better than last time and still made it the entire hour!

Jennifer texted us that Madelyn got to be the star of the Sea Lion show at the San Diego Zoo today!!!  She got to hug and get a kiss from the sea lion - she was SUPER excited.  And the rest of the day people were recognizing her all over the zoo and telling her how great she did.  I can just imagine the expression on her face and the sassiness she's swinging now.

Ok, well... I made dinner for Trey and I and finished cleaning up the kitchen, and now I am off to try out my new shower head - YIPPEE!!!  Our shower head has been having this awful loud ringing noise coming from it for - oh - probably a month now.  And neither Trey or I thought - hey, why don't we just go buy a new one.  Can you believe that - how silly to have not thought of it sooner.  So when Trey said he was going to get a new one, I thought - jeez... novel concept!  Then I started thinking about it and we've had that one since living Austin - that's over 5 years and 4 moves.

Oh yeah - one more thing... I know many of you have been reading Stephanie's blog - Kamryn Hope's Blog - through mine (Stephanie is Madelyn's aunt / Jennifer's sister).  Well today she was admitted to the hospital to start the adventure of waiting for her twins - Kamryn and Brooke - to arrive.  You can read all about CDH from her blog and the journey they are beginning.  We're thinking good, happy, healthy thoughts for her and their entire family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just when I think I could not be prouder of you, I am. You are really an amazing women with an even bigger heart and I am so grateful to be your Mom.

ILYMTYLM

PS I am also so impressed you went for the 2nd cycling class. You go girl you are looking so hot.....