Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I got all caught up on Army Wives, and it was soooo good. I watched 19 episodes in 5 days. Phew... I was tired. Especially since I cry at almost every episode. It's so weird to think about how all of the events progressed in a manner of days - I kept having to remind myself that most people would have been watching over 4 1/2 months, not 5 days! Sunday was the season 3 premier and it was great. I am telling you - if you don't watch this show, you are missing out!

Friday was great - April and I went to the gym in the morning and then headed to Austin for Kingsley's graduation party. It was a bit of a long drive, especially since other drivers just weren't cooperating and wouldn't get out of our way. But we got there with time to spare so we made a quick stop in Round Rock at the outlet. We drive past it all the time and never stop, so we decided - what the heck. As it turned out, I found a few great sweaters at a super cheap price at Ann Taylor so I was glad we stopped. We got to Kingley's party and it so great to see everyone, and Kingsley was so happy that we made it. Kelly was touched that we made the trip just for that. All in all, we had a great time, and we were so glad to be there.

We headed back to Dallas after the party - what a long drive. It's not that it's really long, but in the dark when your eyes just really want to shut - it's hard! April drove the entire way, although I offered several times, but she was just fine. I-Pod turned high and a little chit chat to keep us going and we were cruising. Although I do admit that on the way home I "rested my eyelids" just a few times...

Saturday was busy and fun, followed by Sunday which was busy and fun. Trey was working all weekend, although we did have a great dinner out Saturday.

Madelyn is loving San Diego. Last night she asked Trey to ask Rarah if I get to have In and Out Burger when I'm in California! She loved it. They spent time at Seaworld, the San Diego Zoo, and swimming. She is having a great time!!

So that's it for now, I guess... The summer has officially started - it's HOT outside. We went to get coffee yesterday and were sweating by the time we made it back! I can't wait to be on vacation in less than 2 weeks... countdown has begun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am waiting for the shrimp recipe please.