Monday, June 29, 2009

Madelyn's having a BLAST at camp!

I'm back at work today and it has been incredibly hard to concentrate and get anything done. Here are few of the thoughts that have run through my head today...

  • 7:00 am - I hope Madelyn had a good night last night
  • 7:05 am - Wonder what they will do today
  • 7:10 am - I can't wait to get to work and see if they posted pictures
  • 7:12 am - Okay stop thinking about camp, and get ready for work. Yuck - have to go back to work
  • 7:20 am - No - you can't check pictures yet. You have to get to work first. That's the deal
  • 8:05 am - This traffic sucks... I wish I was at camp instead of heading to work
  • 8:50 am - Okay, at work - have a lot to get done today
  • 8:51 am - Okay, first I'll see if there are pictures posted, then I'll get work done
  • 8:55 am - What? No pictures?? Yeez... what a bummer
  • 8:59 am - Maybe if I email her, THEN I can focus on getting some work done
  • 9:10 am - Still no pictures
  • 9:12 am - Still no pictures
  • 9:20 am - Still no pictures
  • 9:30 am - Still no pictures
  • 9:40 am - Okay, this is ridiculous! I thought they posted pictures during the night
  • 9:50 am - Hello - get some work done
  • 10:00 am - I hope Madelyn ate a good breakfast. Wonder what they are doing now. Wonder what she's wearing and if she dirt on it and has changed clothes yet.
  • 10:15 am - Still no pictures
  • 10:20 am - Still no pictures
  • 10:21 am - text from April "Pictures are loaded!" - What, I just checked...
  • 10:25 am - There she is!! Yay, she's having a great time I can tell
  • 10:30 - Okay, maybe now I can focus on work

Imagine all of this repeating throughout the day. With a few hours of actual work thrown in there, but not much. It's been so hard to get anything productive done!!

Then I got a call from Barrett and Aimee, who are at camp this week. They went by to see Madelyn and check on her, and were calling with a report. It put the biggest smile on my face to hear that she is loving camp and having a blast!! Madelyn thought it was so cool that they know me, and when Aimee asked her what she should tell me was her favorite part of camp so far, she said, "EVERYTHING! My bunk is wonderful!". She also said to tell me that she got just a little homesick for a minute, but she got over it fast. How cute is that! When Barrett told her that we went to camp together when we were her age, she just couldn't believe it!

So then, a few minutes ago I got a message from Oren, who is also at Greene this week. He checked on Mads and said she was having a blast and it was so great to see her running around mad with all of her new friends.

WOW. We are so lucky to have such awesome friends, and great spies!! I'm so grateful for them and the knowledge that our princess is having so much fun!

2 comments:

Leenie said...

See, it does pay to have friends in high places. Uncle Michael is so proud!

Unknown said...

I never doubted what a great time she would have and how much she would get out of it but it is nice to know. I am just not sure if it is fair that you guys don't have to go through the worry that I did. LOL