Thursday, June 18, 2009

Madelyn has new cousins

It's been a long, exciting, exhausting week for the Studdard (and extended) family.  For those of you who have been following, Stephanie (Madelyn's Aunt) had her twins Wednesday morning.  It's been a long journey to get there, and now the real journey begins.  Brooke was born with very little complication, but did have Pneumonia and has had to spend a few days in NICU.  She is doing well, and they will hopefully get to take her home soon.  Kamryn, who was diagnosed early on with CDH, has also been in the NICU.  And tonight, amazingly enough, they were able to perform surgery.  This came upon much sooner than expected, and we just heard that it went extremely well.  That is all I am going to say on the details, as I don't know enough and certainly can't explain it.  You can follow their blog, though, through the link on the lower right of mine.  

What I can tell you is that these are amazing people, with extraordinary determination.  I am so fortunate to be linked to them - through Madelyn, and through choice.  I've felt so connected to their story and everything they are going through, as I know so many of you are through your constant inquires to me.  I'm just so grateful to be a part of it all.  Kamryn, and all of the family, still has a long road ahead of her / them, but they are all so positive and strong, and are getting through it all so wonderfully.  Here's to continued happiness, success, and great health to them all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen and we send out prayers to them.