Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday, oh Sunday...

The countdown has begun...  One more week of work and then I am on V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N with my princess!  I have to start thinking of some low key fun things we can do.  Any suggestions??  And if anyone wants to contribute to the "entertain a 7 1/2 year old in 95 degree weather" fund that would be great too!!!  I'm just so excited to see her and spend some good time together.

Today I start counting points again, so wish me luck.  I've been continuing to think of weight watchers when I eat, but I have not been actually writing down everything I eat and counting the points for the past probably 6 weeks.  It started with being out of town and losing track one week and I just never got back to my spreadsheet.  So today I get back on the strict wagon.  I have I think 6 - 10 more pounds I'd like to lose (so long as it drops from the right area - my tummy).  I definitely hit a plateau a little while back, so now I have to really watch it, and I'm trying to change up my workouts a bit too.

Today the girls went off to camp, their last year at Greene as campers.  It's so exciting and so sad at the same time.  This summer they are on Kibbutz - it's much like a Kibbutz in Israel where they as a group do all of their own living work such as cleaning, cooking, taking care of their environment (there is a garden and a mini zoo that they tend to), etc.  It's great work and TONS of fun thrown in there too.  When I went to Kibbutz 15 years ago, the girls were only 6 months old and they took me to camp.  WOW - it's been 15 years.  I think of them as babies taking me to my last year at camp as campers, and ironically there last year at camp as campers is Madelyn's first year.  The cycle is so cool and exciting.  I'm still a nervous wreck about Madelyn being away at camp for 10 days, but I just know she is going to have such a blast.  I'd bet money that when we pick her up she says she's not ready to go home yet!

Ok - well it's Sunday afternoon and I have to go get some productive things done.  Anyone know where I can find the motivation to be productive, because I sure don't have it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

baking cookies and scrapping. Two cheap and indoor things you can do with her.

Kim said...

Excellent points! There is always reading and watching great movies every child needs to see...