Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our baby is growing up!

Well, we got Madelyn all dropped off and settled in at Greene Family Camp this morning. It was a wildly successful event.


Getting ready to leave the house this morning... GFC bound!


But before we left, April had a little surprise for Madelyn... a new bunkbed charm for her charm bracelet! Madelyn loved it so much, she asked April to get it put on her bracelet and mail it to camp!!

We made it in great time - thankfully since she was so excited and ready to be there.

On our way to camp... are we there yet?!

Pulling into camp... the excitement was boiling over!

We got her through check-in and to her bunk in quick time, and we even got to say hello to Loui - the camp director who has been around since before I was at Greene, and was very helpful in our decision making for Madelyn to go to camp. She was unpacked and all settled, and within minutes, fast friends! Dena, who we met last weekend at the pool party, is in Madelyn's bunk and we are so happy about that - they immediately hit it off last weekend, and today were instantly by each other's side.

At her cabin - all ready to meet her bunkmates!

Getting all settled in - she could have cared less where I put her stuff - she just wanted to get her camp experience started!

So after we got her bed made, clothes unpacked and cubbies filled, we headed to Kibbutz to see Dani and Jackie. At first I was worried because there was no one around, but as we were getting ready to head back down to main camp, they came walking up. Dani ran straight to Madelyn - she was so happy to see her and so excited that she is finally at camp. Jackie wasn't far behind and we got to chat for a minute and get a few pics in before we got kicked off of Kibbutz.


So excited to see her big cousins!

It all brought back incredible memories of my days at Greene. I'm so thrilled that Madelyn gets to experience this. I just know that it will be such a rewarding, growing, phenomenal time for her.

So as the day has progressed, it hasn't been easy. Nerves are on overdrive, and we're all so anxious about Madelyn being away. It was especially hard for Trey come 6:30, as I know it was for Jennifer too. This is the first time to not talk to Madelyn for a day, let alone 10! We all know that Madelyn is going to do great, have a wonderful time, and learn so much. But the question is... will we survive?!?! I know that we will, but in the meantime, Trey and I are learning how to be sooo happy, and sooo sad at the same time. All the way home I was worried that I forgot to pack something, or tell her something. I know she's fine, but I can't help it.

I hope that Madelyn found the surprises I left under her pillow from Daddy and Rarah, and one from Bubbe. I know she'll have tons of mail every day - there is already 7 emails waiting to be printed for tomorrow's mail call. I just hope she has enough time to read them all. I can't wait to hear from her, but I also hope she doesn't get too worried or consumed with trying to write everyone. Just one letter to let us know she's doing as well as we know she will, and that's all I need.
So that's all for now. Enjoy the pics of camp dropoff!

One last pic... as we were leaving (she couldn't get rid of us fast enough!), Madelyn was already hanging with her new friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am here to tell you yes you all will live through it. Not easy but you will. Remember in the good old days there was no internet so I had wait on the local mail. There was no email, so I started a week before writing you a letter everyday. It was all worth it too, just look at you know kid:)