Thursday, June 4, 2009

Today is MY Friday!

I'm so excited that today is my Friday. I'm finding that I definitely have summer fever lately. Maybe it's because these last 2 weeks have been a little slower than usual, or maybe it's because it's so bright and sunny and warm outside. Whatever it is, I am so ready for summer vacation! The countdown has begun, and I have only 2 weeks until I am on vacation for a week with the princess. I need to start working on some things we can do that won't be too expensive, but entertain us both. Definitely one day will be devoted to camp shopping. It amazes me how much stuff she needs for just 10 days away from home... sheets, towels, toothbrush, hair accessories, sunblock, water bottle, hats, clothes, more panties, more socks, sandals and tennis and shabbat attire, and lions and tigers and bears - oh my! Madelyn is so excited - she is ready to go to camp. Tomorrow she leaves for San Diego for a trip with her mom and stepdad, and then she only has a few weeks until camp. After camp, she'll have a couple weeks back with her mom and stepdad, and then a week with Grammy and Grandad, a week with daddy, and the finale of summer vacation is a family trip to San Antonio with Bubbe, Aunt Megan, Uncle Allan, Mia and us! It's going to be so busy, but I'm sure it will also go by so fast.

Today is my Friday, because I am off tomorrow - woohoo!! April and I are going to Austin for the day to celebrate Kingsley's (our niece) high school graduation. The actual graduation is tonight, but tomorrow night is a party at the house to celebrate. We're so excited for her as she starts such a fun time in her life. She's off to Texas State in San Marcos to start school a little early in summer... not time to waste!

So last night I watched more Army Wives. It is so good - I am completely addicted. April called this morning to see if I thought it was out to rent so I could watch it in the car on the way to Austin... silly April... I plan to be done by then! I've watched 15 episodes in 4 days. I've stayed up until around 1:00 am watching it every night. I look at the clock and think - I have to go to bed, and then I just can't help but watch 1 more episode. Only 4 more to go and then I will have seen all of season 2, and I'll be ready for season 3 to start on Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Had problem with the connection last night so I did not get to finish the comment. CYCLE Oh my I am so impressed with you. You inspire me to get off my butt and get back into gear. I have to say the best investment I have made yet was in the gym for my baby.