Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Food Finds

I'm not going to turn into Hungry Girl... don't worry! But I have found some great food finds / recipes lately (most of you know it's my biggest, latest craze), and as I am sitting here enjoying 2 of them for lunch, I thought I'd clue you all in...

1. Serving Size Hummus!! That's right people - already packaged in a serving size - great to take on the go, and especially great to not sit down and eat half a tub before you know it! April and I found it at Costco. It's really yummy (a bit of a lemon flavor) and a nice creamy texture. I'm loving it with tuscan herb pita chips. Mmmm - just had to stop typing to eat one.

2. Recipe: Greek Chicken (if you're not a greek fan, hang on... I changed it up a little bit for Trey and April and they loved it too).

Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can italian style dice tomato (garlic, oregano, basil)
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- little bit of olive oil (i think it was 1 teaspoon - not completely sure since i don't have the recipe in front of me - it wasn't much - just enough to cook chicken a little)
- feta cheese (don't remember the amount, but it's just a sprinkling at the end)

* Heat nonstick skillet over med-high heat, add olive oil, add chicken breasts
* Cook chicken about 3 minutes each on both sides (until browned)
* Those of you who know me know how I LOVE to season, so I actually sprinkled a tiny (and I do mean TINY) bit of seasoning on the chicken while it browned - I think if you don't have any seasoning when it's first cooking it lacks season at the end). I actually used my moroccan rub that I just got from pampered chef. (Side note: I was soooooooooo excited when I found on my doorstep on Saturday a big box with my Pampered Chef stuff in it. As only my mom will truly understand, the disappointment was when I opened the box, pulled out all my goodies, and said... that's all I got! Guess I'll have to do another order!
* Reduce heat to medium
* Add can diced tomato, minced garlic
* Cover and cook aprox 11 minutes until chicken is done
* Serve with feta cheese sprinkled on top
* For Trey and April, we substituted mozzarella cheese and they both loved it - gave it more of an italian than greek flavor. I used the feta and loved it too. In fact, I just had the leftovers for lunch and it was yummy all over again!
* We served over brown rice, and with a side of roasted asparagus - Mmmm Mmmm Good!
** For those of you WW points counters, I think the chicken with cheese was 6 points

3. Recipe: BBQ Chicken Cheddar Wrap Ups
This is a recipe I got from the Kraft Magazine (it's also on their website). I actually took 2 recipes and combined them.

Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 onion
- little olive oil (same as above - I think I used the tiniest amount and then Pam olive oil spray)
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese

* Heat nonstick skillet or wok over med heat, with olive oil
* Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes until lightly browned
* Add peppers, onions and cook aprox 7-8 minutes until peppers softened little, onions translucent, and chicken just about done
* Add BBQ Sauce and cook 3 minutes
**This is where the BBQ Chicken recipe ends. I mixed with another recipe to serve in warmed low carb tortillas with a little shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese and turned it into a wrap

YUMMY, EASY, GREAT LEFTOVERS!!!!

So there you have it. I have a great new shrimp pasta recipe too if anyone is interested, I may post it later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. Please do turn into Hungry Girl and then I could retire.
2. Just printed off the recipes and can I say they sound fabby
3. I can't wait to get my stuff from Pampered Chef and fear the same result as you.

ILYNTYLM

PS I am loving that you are back to blogging regular.