Friday, July 11, 2008

Trey's surgery is complete and he did great. The actual surgery took only about 30 - 45 minutes, and we were at the hospital for only 3 1/2 hours. The hospital was really nice - they give you a pager like in a restaurant when you check in, and they use it to page you when the nurse is ready to take you back, when the Dr. was ready for me afterward, etc. It's quite fancy...

When Trey came out of surgery, the Dr. came to talk to me - let me know everything went well, etc. and take me back to recovery with him. Trey was HILARIOUS. I wish you could have been there to hear him... Apparently, when he started to wake up, the first thing he said to the nurse was "When can I eat?". She asked him what he wanted and he said Mountain Dew. Then she said - we have pudding and ice cream - do you want one? Trey says - Both. She asked him Chocolate or Vanilla. Trey says - Both. He downed 2 puddings, and a package of peanut butter crackers like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Then he kept asking me what was for dinner. He asked me 4 times - and every time got very excited when I said the same thing! Then he started rattling off other suggestions... Whataburger, Campisi's, Olive Garden, Babes - just to name a few. Oh - and he asked me what time it was about every 4 minutes... He was really very funny. The recovery nurse and I just kept laughing!!

Madelyn's last day of camp was filled with fun and games. She had a really great time and she was so excited about her t-shirt. She said that all the other kids just had ordinary shirts - only her's was special. Way to go Dad!

No comments: