Saturday, July 26, 2008

Little Bits of Nothing

So, we're spending the weekend in Blanco, visiting Grammy and Grandad. Madelyn is super excited that she gets to spend the whole week here at "Grammy Camp". They have horseback riding lessons scheduled (to which Madelyn said - we're going to jump over things), farm animals to tend to, eggs to gather, lots of fun activities, and general hanging out with Grammy and Grandad. She is going to have a blast, and I think by Friday, Grammy and Grandad are going to need a week just to recover!

This morning we set the alarm, and the girls went on a nice walk before it got too hot. We walked up to the high school track, around the track 4 times, and back home. All in all, we clocked it at 3.3 miles. And since it was still early there was a nice breeze and the sun wasn't really out yet. It made me feel much better about having mexican food for lunch (I monitored chips and salsa intake, and ate half my meal - chicken nachos - yummy, and though not the best, could have been worse. I've discovered that it's really difficult to eat out (which is good for the budget). On the way to Blanco, our choices are really limited to fast food. Trey really wanted Whataburger, so I did my best to have the least of the bad. Again - not the worst, but not the best. All in all, I'm finding it better to try to eat at home as much as possible. Tonight we are going into Austin to have dinner with Clay and Kelly and celebrate Tom and Tina's 24th wedding anniversary. Wow - 24 years! That is definitely something to celebrate! It is so inspiring and amazing to see how much they love, admire, and respect each other after such a long time.

I'm getting really excited about my trip to California with mom. Well, first I have to work, but even that is always a good time - nice change of the routine, spending lots of time with the girls in the office and our reps at St. John (who are truly great to be around!) - it makes work not feel so much like work. Mom flies in on Friday (I work until Saturday afternoon), and then we head to LA for a few days of vacation - girl style! I'm so looking forward to spending some good time, just the 2 of us! We have some good things planned, and some open time to just do what we feel like at the time too. I get home on Wednesday, to spend the rest of the week of vacation with Trey and Madelyn. Ahh - heaven!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am really excited and just can't wait. XOX