Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm learning

This week I'm learning about... PRIORITIZING. If I have 21 points to use in one day, and I use 26 at lunch, then I don't get to eat dinner. Or at least nothing good. Oops! Oh well - lesson learned. But I did stick to it - I had salad, cucumber, and an english muffin for dinner. Only 2 points. Thank goodness for my 35 weekly additional points. Big bummer though if I use all of those by Tuesday!

At least I made it back to the gym this week. Tuesday night was my own cardio for 30 minutes and weight training for 30 points. It gives me 3 extra points, but I'm not counting any of my "activity" points - trying to keep those just plain incremental. Today I went back to step for the first time. I was REALLY nervous on my ankle, but I loved being back in class. I made it the entire hour (7 points - woohoo!!!) and only felt uneasy at one step - the lunges (where I twisted my ankle last time). I found a great ankle splint for extra support for a few months to make sure I don't have any problems.

Today, Trey went back to the doctor for a checkup on his toe. He got the stitches and the pin out. It looks GROSS! But the doctor was very happy with his progress so a week and half longer in the boot and then he may be back in normal shoes!

2 comments:

Kim said...

VERY cool, Sarah! I'm so excited for what you're doing for yourself! Very proud of you! Hugs to Trey-baby!

Unknown said...

You are doing great. Keep it up. You inspire me to get it together. We will have to make sure we get in some walking on our "LA Trip". The Omni has a gym.............