Thursday, July 10, 2008

Action Packed

Thank goodness it's almost Friday. I am EXHAUSTED! This week has been so filled with things (at least that makes it go by fast)...

This weekend we got April signed up on Match.com. She was very hesitant, but ultimately decided - what the heck. So she's giving it a try. We had a lot of fun creating her profile, and even more fun looking at others!! She's immediately got some "winks" and emails, and it's made for some good times!!! We haven't laughed this hard in a while. There are some really interesting (weird, crazy, scary, funny, odd) people out there. We did find a few cuties to contact so we'll see what happens. In the meantime, we decided it was cheaper than going to the comedy club and giving us just as much, if not more, good laughs. And you never know... At any rate, I so admire her bravery and laid back attitude - it's a scary world out there and she just keeps knocking down her barriers!!

Madelyn's last week at camp has been a busy and fun one. Yesterday they went to Six Flags. When I dropped her off in the morning and told her to have fun, one of the counselors said something about the rides. I told him she would ride anything and he said, "that's what they all say until we get there". I warned him - not Madelyn - she'll really will!! Well, sure enough when she got home she wasn't too happy that they wouldn't let her ride the biggest one because she wasn't tall enough! She is so fearless. It sounded like she really had a great time, though. April picked her up, and took her for ice cream after camp - spoiled rotten. They had a blast.

Last night we went to our weekly step class at the gym. I've really started to like this class, and the instructor, and I'm getting the steps down pretty well. Last week I had a really hard time with one step, and this week - I got it! The problem - our room was 80 degrees!!! RIDICULOUS! Tomorrow I'm doing another step class, Saturday is water aerobics, and Sunday is step. WOOHOO - that means I can eat ice cream this weekend!

Tonight April and I are taking Madelyn to see High School Musical as part of the Dallas Summer Musicals series. Lene and the girls didn't want to go, so she offered us her tickets. It's going to be a late night for the princess, but it is summer afterall, and this is a total treat for her. On Saturday we're going swimming at Mindy's with the Federick clan, and on Sunday we're going to see A Year With Frog and Toad at the Dallas Children's Theater - we're having a girls day with her mom, aunt, and cousin Hollie. It will be tons of fun! I think I need a day off next week just to recover from it all...

No comments: