Tuesday, July 1, 2008

OMG - for those that don't speak text, that stands for "Oh My Goodness"! I made the mistake of telling my trainer last night that I haven't felt particularly strong in the arms. So we worked out arms. And more arms. And even more arms. By the time we were done they felt like spaghetti. But all in all, it was a great workout. I get surprised sometimes by my own stregnth, and by my lack of it. But you have to start somewhere, right?

Madelyn had a great day at camp, although she got into a little trouble with a counselor - oops. Apparently she hit another girl with her sweater (on accident, of course). But Madelyn said she didn't need to apologize because the other girl is mean anyway. We had a nice little talk about apologizing even if it's an accident. I asked her how she would feel is someone hurt her, even on accident, and she said she wouldn't mind. You just gotta love this age! Stubborn - just like her daddy! Today they go on their weekly field trip to Speed Zone - she was very excited when she woke up this morning. I can't wait to hear all about it when we pick her up. Tomorrow and Thursday are both swim days for them, and then it's off to Houston we go.

Yesterday, Madelyn got a letter from Jackie from camp. She was SUPER excited. Jackie wrote just to her - telling her how much fun camp is and that she can't wait to see her. And promising lots of swimming when she gets home. Madelyn thought she was so special to get her very own letter - it was really sweet. Trey and I each got a letter from Dani too - is it time for them to get home yet??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That kid cracks me up. Also reminds me of why I had children at a young age. Did you tell her that by not telling the mean kid she was sorry that she herself was being mean? So the question is do you want people to think you are mean like you think the girl is mean? Or do you want to me a mean person? Try that one next time.

Cracks me it was OK cause the girl was mean. Not good but cracks me up.