Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LaShana Tova

LaShana Tova - a happy new year. Last night at sundown marked the beginning of Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish New Year. It's the perfect time for reflection. Reflection on the past year, but also looking forward to a happy, healthy, and rewarding new year.

This time last year, I wasn't partaking in Rosh Hashanah celebrations. Instead I was in the midst of my first hospital stay, and the start of a long, eventful, daunting year. But just like the calendar comes full circle and starts again, I kind of have also.

This year, I am celebrating the joys of this past year, trying to learn from the mistakes, and looking forward to the new opportunities and possibilities that come with a new year. I don't mean to sound to cliche, and I realize that it is truly just another day, but I like to think that with a new year also comes the chance to do better, be stronger, and find success.

This year I am grateful for my family and friends, whose unending support has seen me through a tough year. And I recognize the fact that as difficult as it may have been for me, there are so many people who have it so much worse.

This year, I hope to find more patience and kindness. I hope to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend. I hope to make the time to be more around for my niece - who is growing by leaps and bounds every day. I hope to make more opportunity to be involved - at temple, with my friends and their lives, with my cousins and their very busy lives and activities. This year I hope to continue my journey for health - not Lupus health (though that would be nice to), but the health that I can affect - my personal health goals of weight loss and fitness. This year, I hope to find compassion and sensitivity to those around me, and make sure that those who matter most know how much I love them.

So LaShana Tova to all - a sweet new year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!!

I am so proud of you!

ILYMTYLM