Monday, September 22, 2008

The start of a fun weekend...

Mom, Allan, Megan, and Mia all came in late Thursday night. On Friday, they went to Jackie's pep rally in the morning, and then had plans to do some running around. Shopping for Madelyn's birthday present(s) was first priority. I went into work in the morning, but was having a very hard time focusing knowing that my gang was here. I really wanted to hang with them, so I decided to take the afternoon off and bring work home with me for Sunday when everyone left. April was so kind to come pick me up (again, I ask... what in the world would I ever do without her!) She brought me home, we ate a quick lunch, I changed clothes, and she took me over to Lene's and all of my junk over to Lene's. Mom, Megan, Allan, Mia and I went to Khol's to find some work slacks for mom for the Fall, and of course, I found a few things too (never fails!)


Meanwhile, Tina and Madelyn were on their way in. They made it Dallas before peak traffic time (YEAH!) so they came to the Glazer household to meet us, and from there, we all went to the high school to see Jackie and Dani's volleyball game. April and I had bought tons of stuff for dinner Friday night for everyone. I made salsa chicken in the crockpot and we had tacos with all of the trimmings. And for desert - birthday cake for Trey and Allan (and it was sooo yummy!)

We didn't last too long Friday night because we had to get home and get things ready for Madelyn's birthday party. So we stayed up until midnight making stuffed jalapenos and hamburger patties. By then, we were so tired that I crashed before I could even turn the light off in the bedroom!

1 comment:

Grammy Gourley said...

By the way, let me say again how wonderful the party was, and the food was excellent, ladies!