Monday, September 22, 2008

all good things must come to an end

With the end of a fun weekend, also came the end to my streak of good luck and polished health. Saturday night, the chest pains started... again. I really thought maybe I pulled a muscle or something, because it felt a little different than in the past. Well, maybe I was just trying to convince myself. So Sunday morning came and I skipped my usual step class (I so hated that!!) I mostly took it easy Sunday - ran a few small errands, but stayed pretty low key. Tina and Madelyn headed out after lunch and I had some work to do (since I skipped out early Friday). April studied and I worked, and the day just flew by. I was feeling a little better and was very optimistic that the pains would go away.

But then Sunday night rolled around and I didn't sleep well at all. I was up, tossing and turning from the pain about every hour. By the time I got up Monday morning, I knew I'd have to call the doctor. And so I did, and as usual, they were amazing at squeezing me in. I went around lunch time.

So the bad news... I have to go back up on the Prednisone dose, and may be on the steroids for a long while.

But the good news... We're going to try going to moderate increased dose, and for only 5 days, then back down to just above where I've been most recently.

And more good news... I looked forward to going in to the doc because (now don't laugh at me), I wanted to weigh in! And although their scale has always been a little higher than mine (on my high weight, and current), it did confirm what I've been tracking... to date, since the start of me doing weight watchers, I've lost about 14 lbs!

So that's that for now... I'll keep you all updated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is also good you are jumping on the "flares" so much early and are able to control them easier than the one before.

The weight loss is fabulous and you so inspire me.

ILYMTYLMx2

Grammy Gourley said...

OMG! 14 lbs? I am so very impressed, but not surprised, because you and April have worked so hard at being healthy, and I can see the difference. Gee, I've lost 4. . .but I'm expecting great things now that I've really made some life changes.