Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Have you ever heard...

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.

In my life, I have been so fortunate to have experienced both. I realize that might sound a little odd - considering myself fortunate to have had people who quickly go. But I do believe that is the good and the bad experiences that make us who we are. And because of those people who have not stayed in my life, I am stronger, I am more mature, and I am a better person.

But that is actually getting off track from my original purpose in thinking of this quote. This weekend, I got a call from one my dearest friends. Although I have not known this person for an extremely long time (though sometimes it does feel like forever), there is something about HIM that can bring a smile to my face. Regardless of whatever I am feeling or have going on at that time, his voice makes me smile, and his laugh is contagious. I know if I ever need him he will be there. He is probably the only man that I could have this sort of friendship with without my husband being jealous. Trey just gets it, because Trey knows and adores him too.

And when he recently moved far away, I was really bummed. But somehow I also knew that though distance will make any relationship more challenging, we'd still manage to be friends for the long haul.

So, Mark... I miss you, and I love you! Thanks for leaving a footprint.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah My Luv!
Thank you so much for the very sweet sentiment on your world famous blog!!!! I love you guys!!!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Mark

PS From the look of the size of me in the photo I must have left dinosaur size footprints!!! :0)
piggy-sauras!!!