Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Success

Success to me these days is the feeling that I’m getting somewhere towards my goal.

Last week I lost 3 more lbs, and to date since the start of Weight Watchers (about a month), 8 lbs total. It hasn’t been easy, but I have to say I’ve really enjoyed the challenge and the progress. It was the most difficult while I was on vacation – it’s just so hard to eat out and try to monitor portions and ingredients. And while I was determined to do my best, I also wasn’t going to give up eating good things (by good I mean yummy, not necessarily good for me!) while I was on vacation. But I got right back into the swing of things once I got home, and it’s so nice to see it paying off!

I’ve been working out a great deal (about 4 times a week) and although I’ve NEVER been one to “enjoy” going to the gym, I’ve started to really like it!!! I can’t believe it, but I do. Sometimes it’s still hard to be motivated (it would be so much easier to sit on my touchas and watch TV), but I look forward to working out – especially my classes (favorite is Step, but I also love Water Aerobics, and just started a Kickboxing).

The other thing I’ve really been happy with latterly is trying some new recipes.

First, I have to rave about the Hungry Girl cookbook (here is the link to her website http://www.hungry-girl.com/). It is FABULOUS!!! The recipes tend to be “remakes” of traditional things to make them so much better for you. And although it isn’t a Weight Watchers thing, the Hungry Girl is affiliated and gives points values for all of her recipes. So far, I’ve tried several things I love, but especially the Fiber One “fried” chicken, and Fiber One “fried” onion rings. It’s totally like eating fried chicken and onion rings – only better and SO much better for you!

I’ve also pulled some great recipes from the Weight Watchers website. Last week I did a Honey Balsamic Chicken – only 4 points a serving and DELICIOUS! There has been some others too – some great veggie recipes to spice things up a little more, and a few chicken dishes, etc. Desserts have been fun too – I did a brownie topped with marshmallows, graham cracker and chocolate drizzle – soooo good and 2 points! I have a list of several more to get to too.

And finally, this weekend I bought 2 new cookbooks and flagged about 20 recipes in each to try in the coming weeks. I’ve narrowed down the field while shopping for cookbooks by only considering ones that have nutrition information. It’s been super helpful, and I’ve found some really yummy sounding things to try – I’ll keep you all posted!

So that’s my latest craze – I hope I can continue it. Actually, I will continue it! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey I thought I bought you one of those great cookbooks. LOL I am really so proud of you and love it when you find new stuff cause I get to reap the rewards. I have lots of WW recipes for you this weekend to look through. XOX