Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Week of School

Madelyn had her first day of 1st Grade this week! She had a great day. She likes her teacher, Mrs. Gibson, and has several of her friends from Kindergarten in her class. They played some games, ate lunch together as a class, etc. Trey went down to take her for her first day, along with her mom, and got some great pictures. He hung around Waco for the day, picked her up in the afternoon, and took her for ice cream afterward. What a special day! I can’t believe she is in First Grade – what a big girl!! It will be only a matter of time before she has homework I can’t help with and is spouting out random fun facts and knowledge that I have never heard of!!!


Along with Madelyn starting First Grade, this week marked the start of High School for Jackie and Dani!!! Now this, I REALLY can’t believe! My girls are old enough for high school? Jackie is on the volleyball team, and is a Freshman cheerleader, and Dani is on the volleyball team. They are already so involved and active, and I know they are going to do so great. Poor Dani, though… She fell down the steps at Forever 21 in the mall, (I’ve been in that store and their floors are really slippery), and sprained her ankle really badly. She was on crutches last weekend and then of course had to start high school with a boot! So recently I was thinking – OMG, the girls will have their licenses in a year and half, and be looking at colleges in about two and half years. I just can’t believe what amazing young ladies they’ve become. Madelyn has some great examples to follow!

No comments: