Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hot, Lazy Summer Days

The rest of the week of my vacation has been filled with lazy, hot days. Thursday we took Madelyn bowling - she and I both bowled and it was tons of fun. It's been a very long time since I bowled and it was nice to get out my old ball and shoes. Madelyn got to use her very own ball that Grammy and Grandad gave her for Hannukah. She was pretty good too - much better than me. And most important, we had a good time and stayed out of the heat! Afterward, we went home where I took a nap, before going to a new step class. It was a very tough class - the instructor was nice, but really hard to follow and she didn't do step routines but once or twice and she kept moving on right when I got it down. Good thing we walked a lot in LA!
So then Friday rolled around. We spent the morning running around and then the girls (April, Mads and I) went for some good ole fashion girl relaxing - yep, you guessed it... mani's and pedi's. Trey left later in the day with the boys to the Degani's family lakehouse to do some work (water heater burst leaving a flooded mess), and all the girls (Lene, Dani, Jackie, April, Mads, and me) went to dinner at my favorite - Mi Cocina. I was really hungry when we got there (not a good thing), so I ate quite a bit of chips and salsa. Since I overdid it on that, I decided to be good and order the salad instead of what I really wanted - fajitas. Afterward, Madelyn and I went to have coffee with Ashley. We were so excited to see her and catch up!

Well that brings us to Saturday. We got up in the morning to hang a bit with the girls from the office. Jen and Alex came over to do a little creative "work" and hang out. Little did they know they'd be hanging with a 6 year old! Madelyn stuck to them like glue and just ate up all the "new" attention. In the afternoon, April and I went to they gym and took Madelyn to play in the kids land. Little did we know, the kids stuff is only open until 1 on the weekends, so we had to go back home, and instead found exercise on demand. We did 3 segments in the living room - a biggest loser cardio workout, tae bo, and walking 1 mile. It was really cool! We're going to try to do a few on most days we don't go to the gym. After that it was time to get ready for what Madelyn's been waiting weeks for... the Circus! She's been so excited for it and it was finally here. We were actually supposed to go to the 3:30 show, but since Trey was going to the lakehouse to help the boys, we tried to get our tickets switched to the later show. First I called the AAC, but they said I had to go through ticketmaster since that was where I got the tickets from. Well, before I could even call them, I mentioned it to Michael. He sent our tickets info to his guy who does his Stars tickets to see if he could help. Within a few hours, we had new tickets for the later show waiting for us at will call. Well, when we got there we found that not only has he swapped our show time, but had totally upgraded our seats. We ended up with the most perfect spot in the house!

So now it is Sunday. April, Mads and I went to the gym this morning - Madelyn to the kids playland, April and I to step class. I slept very awkwardly on my back last night and it's been really hurting me all day. After the gym, we came over to Glazer land to swim and hang out, and have been here all day. First swimming and relaxing in the hot tub (I know you're thinking in this heat - we must be looney! But it felt great on my back). April and I ran a few errands - including finding this great store just up the street that is all sugar free products. We got a few things to try, and are really excited about the potential! We've been playing on the Wii for the last few hours - I totally need to get one of these! I wasn't too happy to hear that my fitness age is 45!!!! But it's really hard on the first time to even figure out what to do. It's been lots of laughs and has some great workout potential.

So that's all for now. I'll start posting about mom and my trip to California soon. In the meantime, enjoy these pics from the Circus!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

How funny we are doing the same thing in posting about CA. Love the pictures and it is about time you blogged. Like the Wii huh.........I have been thinking I might really like it....................