Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

This past weekend, we took Madelyn to a Pumpkin Patch. I had never been, and when April suggested it, I was so excited! Turns out, Trey had never been either, and he was excited too. So Sunday morning, after we went to step class, we came home, showered, ate lunch, and got ready to head out. I have to say, the anticipation was killing me! But before we went, I was sure to put on lots of sunblock, and take an umbrella to stay out of the sun.

So we went to the Owen's Pumpkin Patch in Richardson. It's only about 10 minutes from our house. We got a "deal" on our admission because one of April's friends from school works for Owen's and was working there. Woohoo - we love a good deal.

They had tons of pumpkins set up (great pictures), and rows of pumpkins for you to chose from. We did a hay ride, Madelyn fed goats, etc. Madelyn and Trey picked a HUGE pumpkin to carve for Halloween. All in all, we had a really great time and I glad we went. BUT, I will say, that I'm not good for the next 20 + years! It's just not something I feel the need to do every year.

We did get some good pics...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never been either and think it would be very cool.

I am very proud of you for the sunscreen and even more so for the umbrella. Good job!!!!!!!

ILYMTYLMx2

Grammy Gourley said...

But did you wear your hat??? I thought it looked so cool on you.

Lindsey M said...

Oh My gosh! Madelyn is getting so big, she looks like such a little lady!