Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's been a while...

Well, it’s been a very long time since I posted – I know. Things have been crazy busy in the last few weeks.

Let’s see… lots of excitement going on.

First of all, to those that may have not known (though I think most of you do), my mom had gallbladder surgery a week ago. She is doing GREAT! Her surgery was Thursday, Oct 16. I went Thursday afternoon to Houston after a “meeting” (I’ll get to that) at work. I was in Houston by late afternoon and spent the weekend with her, trying to take care of her (but you know how stubborn and self sufficient she can be so that wasn’t an easy task!). She was very sore, moving slowly, etc., but in true Carol fashion, she was up and moving and doing really well. By Friday morning, we were at Best Buy (we both got TV’s for our kitchens – more on that later), Walmart where she could drive the cart, and our usual shopping, and running around. You know we just can’t stay in the house for very long. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got her a very cool new coffee pot (I want one!). And on Saturday, Allan, Megan, Mia, and Aurelia came over for lunch and to spend the day. We went to Target for more running around (and cart driving for mom), and Megan and I made dinner for everyone. We had a really great time just hanging out. But then Sunday came oh so fast, and it was time for me to head home, unpack from the weekend, and repack for a week in California. So, most importantly here is that mom is doing really well – she went back to work this past Wednesday and eased back into full days. She’s still tired and sore from her surgery, but recovering as she should and will hopefully be feeling better than ever very soon!!!

I’m very excited to now be the proud owner of a flatscreen TV in my kitchen!! When we first moved into the house and had the cable come out to install outlets and cable wiring, I said it was crazy and there is no need for a TV in the kitchen. Boy, was I wrong. When mom said she was getting one in hers, I started to think even more about it. The thing is… I spend A LOT of time in the kitchen, and if you know the layout of our house, there is no access to TV anywhere near. It will be really nice to be able to watch my evening shows or a movie (the TV has a built in DVD player – I know… over the top, but nowadays it’s pretty standard!). The cable people came out on Monday while I was in California, and Trey already has it hung. I’m so excited – I can’t wait to get home and cook!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me just tell you it was the best thing I ever did. I watch that TV all the time. I am really loving it.