Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I've watched The Biggest Loser on and off in past seasons. For some reason it just never made it into my regular scheduled programming. But this season, I actually started watching at the beginning and I've been totally addicted. It's so motivating and inspiring to see the change in these people.

Two things that bug me about the show... 1. When did Jillian and Bob become therapists in addition to trainers?? 2. Could they be more obvious and cheesy about the sponsors of the week? I mean, I get it - there are sponsors that want to see their product and have everyone talking about it, but really?! It's so staged and I just don't remember it being this bad in past seasons.

Okay, so now that that is off my chest, I can say that I really do think the show is awesome, and it makes me want to make an even bigger change in my habits. I really wish I could afford to take a month off of work and workout as much as they do, with a trainer, and have all of my meals made for me or at least all of the ingredients provided and the tips for cooking that they get. I keep thinking - man, if I could go to the ranch for a few weeks, I could totally shave off 20 lbs and be right where I want to be!

But I can't... so here I am wondering, how much of it is realistic for me to really do? I know 2 things.
1. I've come a good way from where I started - changing many of my eating habits with weight watchers (even though I'm not counting points anymore - and maybe I need to again), I've changed lots of my habits and am overall much more aware of what I am eating and how much. Now the trick is to go from being AWARE that I am eating to crap, to just not doing it! And also consistency in going to the gym and getting the exercise I so desperately needed.
2. I still have further to go. I am not willing to give it all up - I want to enjoy my food, and there are things that I like that I know are not good for me. But I do think in moderation that is ok. The trick is making sure that it is moderation. I do like working out, and most of the time, I am motivated to go. But am I going often enough and doing enough when I am there? And there are definitely still times when I just don't want to go.

So now I am trying to finding my balance - I guess that's what it is all about, right?

No comments: