Tuesday, July 7, 2009

T minus 24 hours!

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. This time tomorrow, we'll be pulling through the gates at GFC to pick up the princess and my big girls too!!! It's very bitter sweet... I am so ready to see Madelyn and hear all about her camp adventures, the friends she made, and the fun things they did. I am so ready to give her a big hug and kiss and squeeze her tight. But I am also sad that her first summer at sleep-away camp is already over too. It went by really fast, and really slow at the same time. I just hope she can remember all of it so she can tell us EVERYTHING! I wish I could go back to camp...

I have to give another shout out to the friends that were at camp while Madelyn was there. They made it bearable for us back home. The daily doses and updated on how much fun she was having was both a relief and a joy to each day. It's been super difficult these past few days with no one there to send me texts, emails, and pictures! Next year, we'll have to coordinate their staffing time so that they aren't all there at the same time! Hello - priorities!!!

This morning was a little difficult. My routine for the past 9 days has been:
1. arrive at work
2. skim for important emails, skip all the others and come back to later
3. get on GFC site, look for pictures
4. email Madelyn

No #4. today. So sad. I didn't really know what to do - it felt so weird to not email her. So I started to email her anyway, but then I thought - well that's just ridiculous, she won't even get it!

Last night I made a big Welcome Home poster for Madelyn, and tonight I'm going to get some balloons to hang with it for when she gets home. I remember my mom used to always pick me up from the bus drop off (I took the bus home with all of my friends) with balloons, signs and presents. It was like it was my birthday! Spoiled, I know... but I guess the tradition must continue.

Well, I guess I better get some work done since today is my Friday!

And by the way... if I hear one more thing about Michael Jackson, I am going to scream. Enough already - let's talk about some real news!!!!!

No comments: