Saturday, July 11, 2009

Madelyn got back from camp, and just as the pictures seemed, she had an awesome time! We all missed her so much, and she missed everyone too. But she has such a great, fun, rewarding experience that it is soooo worth it! She's already ready to go back next year, and for longer!

So while she was there she did some incredible stuff... there was swimming every day, a huge rope swing, a gigantic slip n slide that was part of the July 4th carnival, cooking (she learned how to make pita over a fire, and chocolate balls), lots of good food, lots of great friends, and tons of adventures. She was so busy having fun, that she didn't even read her mail!!! Yes - after we all worried and fretted about making sure she got tons of mail - emails, letters, card, packages, etc. - she didn't even read any of it. I was laughing so hard, when as I was unpacking her, I came across of her mail in a huge pile, practically untouched. Anything that was mailed to her (cards, letters) WASN'T EVEN OPENED!!! She opened packages and took all the goodies out, but really didn't even know who sent her what because she didn't open the notes that went with them!! I'm telling you that kid cracks me up!

After a few leisurely days back at home with Daddy and Rarah, Madelyn is now with her mom and stepdad for a few weeks. We were so sad for her to go, and so was she, but she is also so excited to spend some time with her other side of the family too.

So I guess it's back to the real world for me... no more vacations for a little bit, and Monday I am back at work for the first full week I'll be working in over a month. What a bummer!!!

No comments: