Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It was a crazy weekend...

Wow - where does the time go. I thought I'd just gotten all caught up on my blogging (well - sort of the Cliff's Notes version of caught up), and then I look and it's been a week since I posted. I just can't keep up.

This past weekend Trey and I went to Houston for a visit. We got to see Allan and Megan's new house - it is really beautiful. I'm so excited for them. Trey spent all day Saturday (and I do mean ALL day) building a pump house for them, and hanging with Allan. You can look at mom's blog for pics - I don't have them. But it's really cool. It's huge - there is enough room for Mia to have a playhouse if they could block off the pump. Or, as everyone also pointed out - it's a great space for Allan when he misbehaves. There is enough room to put an cot or airmattress for it to be his "doghouse". He didn't think that was too funny. Although he said that was okay since if he was sent out there he could turn off the water to the house.

Mom and I went to step class in the morning and then headed to see the house and pick up Mia. We took her with us for the day. I can't even tell you the smile it put on my face when I walked in the door and Mia came running to give me a hug. Of course it helps that I don't go to see her without a surprise. She was precious. We went to mom's to shower and play a little and then met Aunt Jo and the boys for a late lunch (they were in town for a Bat Mitzvah). It was tons of fun. Mia was so adorable. I told Megan - she was soooo good, and soooo bad. And let me tell you she covered both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. All in all, though, I mostly just laughed and had a great time with her.  Mia is really in to closing doors.  So she was hanging out in her new room, and I opened the door to see her.  She pointed her finger and told me to "get out".  So I did.  And then I thought I heard her calling me so I went back opened the door, and she told me again "get out" and literally shut the door in my face.  So mom went to the door and knocked, and she heard this little voice say "who is it".  So after she giggled, mom said "it's Bubbe", and she heard, "shoot... just a minute... come in".  It was so hilarious - I was laughing so hard I think I was about to cry.  So then we were at Denny's, and Trey wanted a bite of Mia's cheeseburger so he asked her - "Mia, can I have a bite?".  She looked him straight in the eye and said no.  Then when he asked again, she said "not yet.".  We must have asked her 10 more times and every time, she said, "not yet".  So finally we distracted her so he could steal a bite.  She was way in to Uncle Trey on this trip.  When we left Saturday night she gave him big hugs and kisses and when I asked for a kiss she said no!  I'm telling you that kid is a monster and I just love it.

So Sunday morning mom and I woke up and went to step class.  We hung out a little around the house, went to a late lunch, and then it was time to head home.  By the time Trey and I made it home, it was after 9:00.  And I had stuff to do - I had to watch Brothers and Sisters, and HELLO - it was the season finale of Big Love!!!!

No comments: